[alert ]The DAVID Delight Pro’s primary difference is that in addition to audio visual entrainment, it can also perform CES (Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation) [/alert] [x size=”18″ color=”#ff7f0f” ] 1 Year Warranty from Date of Purchase [x size=”18″ color=”#ff7f0f” ] Made in Canada for Top Notch Quality Electronic Standards The DAVID Delight Pro provides a unique fusion of audio-visual entrainment (also known as brainwave entrainment) and cranial-electro stimulation (CES) with sophistication and simplicity. Our sessions have been thoroughly tested and are designed based on most current research findings to ensure you the most effective results. The sessions on the Delight are supported by research studies which include Seasonal Affective Disorder, stress reduction, insomnia, improved mood, mental sharpness and balance (reduced risk of falling) in seniors, and reduced worry plus improvements in concentration and memory in college students. The Delight Pro sessions also include our proprietary randomization process, which helps encourage dissociation and brain frequency tracking to the stimulus. The Delight Pro features larger easy-to-read, easy-to-operate buttons and allows users to select a session very easily. It features 25 of our favorite sessions organized into five distinct categories of sessions: Energize, Meditate, Brain Brightener, Sleep and Mood Booster, with five selections for each category. It also includes five auto playing Sound Sync Sessions and five locations for you to store sessions you design with the DAVID session editor. Also includes popular 100 Hz CES with any session. The Delight Pro also features night-vue ability, which allows the user to see the session select buttons in the dark at bedtime or at night.
Audio-visual entrainment work by provoking a automatic brain response by presenting specific stimuli which trigger instant changes in brainwave expression. It is a sufficiently researched and consistent neuro-modulatory approach.
To ensure safe, gentle and effective audio-visual entrainment, the DAVID Delight Pro offers the following:
- Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets – Our unique Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets were carefully designed to provide you with the most effective and safe light and sound experience. This special patented process allows the Delight to stimulate a different frequency in each hemisphere of the brain. This is essential for mood boosting and mental performance. The Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets for the Delight use eight blue-tinted white LEDs mounted over a silver reflector behind a translucent screen. This disperses the light evenly. Our Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets are specially designed to allow for the left and right visual fields of each eye to be individually stimulated rather than the entire eye. With the Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets, the lights flash into the left visual fields of both eyes, then alternately flashes into the right visual fields of both eyes. This approach allows the ability to stimulate either visual cortex with a frequency different from the other visual cortex. For example, a person who functions strongly from the left brain could have 8 Hz stimulated into the right visual field (and therefore the left brain) to slow down left brain function and have 18 Hz stimulated into the left visual field to increase right brain function.
- Isochronic Pulsed Tones, Binaural Beats and Monaural Beats – The isochronic pulsed tones are evenly spaced, are of equal pitch and are turned on and off at a specified rate. This is important to enhance the effectiveness of audio entrainment. The monaural beats are similar to the isochronic pulsed tones, but turn on and off more gently and therefore are smoother, fuller beats and are recommended for those who find the pulse tones too stimulating. The binaural beats are two pure tones (one in each ear)and are perceived to have a beat.
- Soft-OffTM – The gradual lowering of the lights and tones at the end of the session prevents a startle response (also known as somnatic shock). Soft-OffTM ensures that relaxation and other benefits carry over even after a session has ended.
- Battery Power Indicator – At a quick glance you can tell if your battery has enough power to run your session. New eyeset technology allows for much longer life for your 9-volt battery.
- Easy-To-Find Power, Intensity and Volume Buttons – The power, intensity and volume buttons are raised so that you can make the necessary adjustments easily and quickly, even with your eyes closed. Adjust the intensity of the OmniscreenTM Eyeset with the easy-to-find INT button.
- 25 Preset Sessions – Five sessions in each category: Energize, Meditate, Brain Booster, Sleep and Mood Booster.
|1||SMR – Used to achieve relaxed attention||24 min||14 Hz|
|2||Beta 1 – Sharpen the Mind – A great way to get going in the morning without caffeine. This session helps reduce ADD and SAD symptoms.||20 min||19 – 21 Hz|
|3||Beta 2 – Sharpen the Mind – Like Beta 1, but with a higher target frequency range. May give a more energizing or intense feeling.||20 min||20 – 23 Hz|
|4||Mental Flexibility – To “loosen up” a stuck mind. Can also be used for fibromyalgia.||22 min||Variable|
Roller Coaster – This action-packed session is very engaging. Some with ADD can benefit.
|1||“Wise Guy” Alpha – It has been shown that people with fast running alpha waves have higher than average IQs.|
|2||Coffee Break Alpha – Great for a little rest during your coffee or lunch break.|
|3||Alpha Relaxer – Healthy alpha is 10 Hz. Most disorders have alpha slowing. This session reestablishes the natural alpha rhythm. Good for beginners.||30 min||10 Hz|
|4||Schumann Resonance – For a quick, thorough afternoon meditation. Calms “hyper/chattery” minds. For those on the go.||22 min||7.8 Hz|
|5||Theta – use for creative visualization. May also be used for sleep||36 min||5.5 Hz|
|1||SMR for Reading – Use with a set of Tru-Vu Omniscreen Viewhole eyesets (sold separately) to improve attention and alertness while reading.||20 min||13.5 – 15 Hz|
|2||SMR/Beta – A gentle and entraining session that helps to focus mental functioning and memory.||24 min||L 13.5 HzR 18 Hz|
|3||Brain Brightener – Use to improve mental functioning and memory. Based on Budzynski’s study. Similar to ADD and Learning but with gentler transitions. Useful for seniors and those with ADD.||30 min||L 14 – 10 HzR 19 – 10 Hz|
|4||ADD and Learning – This session has rapid transitions for mental stimulation to help keep the user “engaged” in the session. Used in the ADD study published in the Journal of Neurotherapy.||26 min||L 14 – 10 HzR 19 – 10 Hz|
|5||Skill and Sports Development – Use this session to develop any skill or improve performance. Visualize feeling your best during the first half (alpha). Then visualize your perfect performance during the second half (beta) of the session.||24 min||7.8 – 18 Hz|
|1||Schumann for Sleep – For effective deep meditation and to improve the onset of sleep. Calms “hyper/chattery” minds. Ideal for those with insomnia who have a busy mind and tense body.||40 min||7.8 Hz|
|2||Meditate to Sleep – Meditate, visualize and think soothing thoughts during the first half (8 Hz); fall asleep during the second half (3 Hz).||45 min||8 – 3 Hz|
|3||Alpha/Theta for Sleep – This session can really help to break up distressing thoughts that are interfering with sleep.||36 min||L 10 HzR 6 Hz|
|4||SMR for Sleep – Use to improve sleep for those who have insomnia due to a “racing” mind but relaxed body.||40 min||14 Hz|
|5||Delta – To aid with falling asleep. Best for those with fibromyalgia.||45 min||3.5 Hz|
|1||Mood Booster 1 – Settles down negative emotions from the right brain while stimulating the left brain to rebalance alpha asymmetry.||30 min||L 10 HzR 18 Hz|
|2||Mood Booster 2 – This session has an alpha front end to reduce anxiety and enhance relaxation.||42 min||L 10 HzR 18 Hz|
|3||Sub-Delta – Mildly dissociating. Calms the hypothalamus. Beneficial for some with fibromyalgia and hypertension.||24 min||0.5 – 1 Hz|
|4||Extended Deep Alpha Relaxer – Stay relaxed for your dental, massage, physiotherapy, chiropractic and other appointments.||80 min||8.4 Hz|
|5||Paradise – A gentle slide down to Theta. Extraverts with low anxiety produce high levels of this frequency.||36 min||6.5 Hz|
- 5 Sound Sync Sessions – Each category also has a Sound Sync Session to turn your music into an intriguing light show. All sessions include HRV and begin with a 3-stage process that enhances dissociation.
EART RATE VARIABILITY (HRV): For the first time ever, a system exists where meditative breathing may be paced along with an audio-visual entrainment (AVE) session. Long, graceful breathing cycles have been used as part of meditation. Scientifically, this technique has been analyzed and shown to settle down a stressed autonomic nervous system. Both sympathetic (flight-or-fight) activity and para-sympathetic (the brain’s efforts to compensate) activity settle down dramatically using HRV techniques. The heart speeds up with every breath in and slows down with every breath out. This swing in heart rate is HRV. A typical heart beat swing is in the order of about 15 beats per minute (bpm). When people get stressed, the heart typically clamps to sometimes as low as five bpm HRV at times intermixed with sharp spikes in heart rate. This is all abnormal activity and is rough on the heart. The HRV technique used clinically is based on a 10 second breathing cycle (six breaths/minute, by inhaling slowly for five seconds and exhaling slowly for five seconds in an easy, relaxed breath). When using HRV paced breathing, listen to the heartbeat generated by the DAVID Delight Pro through the headphones. Inhale for two heartbeats and exhale for two heartbeats (not your own heartbeats!). Most sessions begin at seven breathing cycles/minute (28 heartbeats/min) and slow to six breaths /minute (24 heartbeats/min). This allows the user to breathe a little faster at the onset of a session until he/she has had time to relax.